Thursday 10 September 2009

Module 2 bag - watch this space

My brain has been spinning with ideas for the exterior of my creature bag. I have scrapped my last prototype - pulled it all apart so I can start afresh. Mmmmm - feels rather good. Haven't scrapped the jagged "slips" I'd made - can work them in to the new design. I want the outside to have a jagged, spiky feel to it, which will contrast with the fluffy interior. I'm going to make a multi-layered fabric (using lots of stiff dress net for texture and "bite") and piece it with the spiky edges jutting out. I will then stuff the joins with some metallic bits and bobs.
Watch out - I have to finish this soon - can't let it go on any longer.

I'm also working on Mod 3 at the same time! Got some more button ideas. If only my body could keep up with my overactive brain. Hey ho........................

3 comments:

Garnered Stitches said...

Looking forward to seeing the completed bag as your "prototype" at Summer school - which is now in pieces!!! - was rather good. The "improvements" sound interesting.

Jane said...

You're very brave to start again, the new version sounds even better.

Paula Smith said...

Sounds great Anne, can't wait to see it!
Paula x