Thursday 27 August 2009

Angie Hughes & Hundertwasser


This is a piece I did at Angie Hughes's workshop"Inspired by Klimt" in May - unfortunately I was unable to grab a reference book on Klimt as everyone else snaffled them and all that was left was a book on Hundertwasser. This boat is based on one of his series of pictures of boats - so not typical Hundertwasser. I added some sequins when I got home and have decided to frame it as it is.

Piece measures approx 8 x 5 inches. Click on image to enlarge.

I would recommend Angie's courses - she's very knowledgeable and extremely kind and patient - I can vouch for that!

6 comments:

Garnered Stitches said...

Hi Anne, Before Summer School I have to admit I hadn't heard of Hundertwasser. Since then I see his books every where!
Great piece from the workshop, is Angie based near you or does she travel?
best wishes

stitching in the sun said...

Anne, this is a beautiful piece! Thinking of you in the run run for books makes me smiling. But judging from the quality of your work the worse the better ..
Love Daniela

ferinn said...

Brilliant piece.I did a workshop with her in the Summer and she's great.Love Hundertwasser,used him a lot in my art teaching.
Jenn

Julie Filmer, The Peacock Emporium said...

This is beautiful Anne - you must frame it. Once framed put it in pride of place (not the little girls room!)

Lots of hugs
Julie

Maggie said...

Hi Anne, Thanks for your comment on my blog. How's your bag? looking forward to seeing it finished. I've got 'hooked on Hundertwasser since summer school (so love your piece) hoping for a book on him for my birthday....I just like saying his name!! strange lady..eh ..love Maggie

Anonymous said...

Hi Annie, Love your creation, how clever are you! I will be checking in more frequently from now on as I'm now on broadband...........hurrah! Tx