Sunday 15 July 2012

Crafty days

My sister Tessa and I have thrown ourselves into making things to sell at two craft fairs over the last few weeks - the villages of Ombersley (Worcs) and Austrey (Warks) have been our guinea pigs.  Frankly, we didn't even cover our costs BUT the positive and enouraging feedback from visitors was a welcome surprise.  Craft fairs are not really "us", however - it's the "making" we love.  It's highly unlikely that most makers will ever be recompensed for the time they put into their work but the need to create is so strong!

I now plan to reapply myself to City and Guilds embroidery, having got ceramic buttons well and truly out of my system.  Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Paula Smith said...

Hi Anne, these are lovely things!! I particularly covet the handbag with the hearts on it. The need to make is strong isn't it! Glad to see you are keeping busy! Paula x

Thimble Fingers said...

You've made some lovely items Anne. I know what you mean about craft fairs though, I don't think any of us will get rich from selling them, but I do think it enriches our heart and soul to make them.

ferinn said...

Nice to see your lovely products,it,s very discouraging though to get good feedback but no sales.missed your sense of fun this year at Urch font. Look forward to seeing your c&g work.
Jenn