Wednesday 13 April 2011

And this week it's dyeing


Have been having such a good time playing with Myfanwy Hart's dyeing technique. It actually works. Have a look ...



Camera doesn't do justice to the colours. I've overdyed some samples to get the colour I wanted - in effect using the old watercolour painting technique of putting a coloured "wash" over the whole thing to lift it.


Dyeing is the sort of thing I like to do when I can't settle to anything else. Delia Smith roasts a chicken - I get out the rubber gloves!


4 comments:

ferinn said...

These look good Anne ,what will you use them in?

Anne B said...

Might try stamps or some kind of printing blocks. May make book wraps or Kindle cosies.

Chris Gray said...

Thanks for calling around to mine Anne.

I'll add you to my blogroll :-)

phcube said...

I think I've mentioned this before, (my brain's a bit feeble these days) can you reverse these screens?
The leaf's beautiful. It would be good with some stuff added to it...beads, buttons, embroidery??? You're clever enough to do that!