Saturday 19 March 2011

This week I have mostly been ......PRINTING

All thermofax screens supplied by Ineke Berlyn.

Ammonite - fabric paint on scrap of furnishing fabric contrasts with discharged sample on some shibori'd cotton.


A stylised leaf discharge printed on green cotton.




Dutch lace screen suggests moorish architecture and Indian cloth - or is that just me? I used discharge paste (Jacquard is ready-mixed), then overdyed with a light red commercial dye.




You might be able to detect scraps of the lace pattern in my creature bag - see
March 14 blog.

Below - I used the same screen on a really boring brown checked fabric, along with a few dollops of bleach. This is a close-up.

2 comments:

ferinn said...

Fabulous, Anne.I bought some screens at Ally Pally but haven't yet used them.You 'll have to give a tutorial at Summer school.

Paula Smith said...

Hi Anne, I absolutely LOVE the little scrap!! Thank you for your kind comments, my girl, onwards and upwards for me I hope. I just need to get my direction sorted and hopefully get on with the stuff which I really like to do. I will keep in touch via my blog hopefully. I shall miss you all this summer! Paula x